Lately I’ve been getting a lot of feedback about a cool mug I found on Amazon and I thought I’d give it an honest review complete with affiliate links.
On a search for a unique gift for a close photographer friend, I stumbled upon the Camera Lens Coffee Mug. It’s a replica of a Canon camera lens. It holds 13.5 oz when filled up/11 oz if covered with lid. Its outer shell is made of food grade ABS plastic materials and it has an extra-fine stainless steel interior. Like most travel mugs, this one has a screw-on top to prevent spills.
Why I love it.
I liked the way this mug looked so much that I bought one for myself. My friend loved it as well.
It serves it’s purpose. As mugs go its fine. No surprises there.
Sipping from this mug is fun and inspiring. Holding it sparks creativity and makes me want to be a better photographer.
- Feels great in my hand especially when it’s full. It’s not too heavy or bulky. There’s something about the texture of this cup. With groovy bands, lumpy mock buttons and a cone-esque shape it feels comfortable to hold.
- More spill-proof than an uncapped mug.
- The top traps the heat.
- It’s a great conversation starter and marketing piece (especially for photographers).
- Not listed as dishwasher safe.
- The outer grooves can be a little hard to clean without a bottle brush.
- May not stand the test of time. I purchased a total of 4 of these mugs on Amazon from HL United and one from HomeBrand. Three were for three different friends and one was for me. The first one I bought for myself didn’t last long. In all my heavy-handed, glory, I stripped the grooves in the cap and cup rim by twisting it on too tightly (too many times). The other company I bought it from was HomeBrand. I had no problems with it.
Would I buy it again?
Yes. This mug is too cute. I take it nearly everywhere with me.